Broken Garage Spring Repair Stoney Creek
A broken spring on your garage door will affect how it opens up and closes. Most homeowners do not pay much attention to their garage doors until something changes for the worse in its operation. Problems associated with garage doors centre mostly on the springs. The tell signs for a broken screen include:
- Actual broken springs which can be seen when doing physical inspection
- Lack of balance on your garage door which cannot remain open unless otherwise supported
- Squeaking noise when operating your garage door
- Lack of or damaged extension cables.
Affordable Stoney Creek Broken Springs Repair
Broken springs can be repaired or replaced depending on the extent of damage. This is how to repair a broken spring in your garage door:
- Lubrication – If there is a squeaky sound from your door when you operate it is a sign of poor lubrication. Constantly lubricating your springs prevents wear and tear and improves the overall lifespan of your springs.
- Rebalancing – If you’ve had your door springs for more than two years, they may need rebalancing to get them back to their optimal performance. The recommendation on spring rebalancing is every two years or less if the installation was done during the cold season.
- Replacement – If a spring is completely broken, replacing with new ones is the only option. This is especially so if the springs have exceeded their lifespan. For torsion springs, they have a lifespan of 4-6 years while extension springs have a lifespan of 7-9years.
- Tightening of parts – Lose nuts and bolts can affect how your springs operate. Tightening these parts will have your springs functioning accordingly.
- Fixing of safety cables – Extension springs feature safety cables as an added support and safety measure on the garage doors. During repair, these cables must also be fixed and especially if they are missing initially.
Garage springs repair
Garage springs repair require expertise and knowledge of lever operation. Unless you are an expert Trying to DIY may result in failure or more damage to your garage door. Expert services are available around Stoney Creek area and charge averagely $100-$200 depending on services offered. Total replacements will incur labor cost and buying costs for the springs. The price of springs ranges from $25-$30.
Besides repair, excellent maintenance schedule goes a long way in improving the lifespan of your springs. Homeowners need to be extra cautious with their garage doors the moment they notice an anomaly in its operation. Swift action to repair this saves money in terms of cost of repair and the prevention of additional expenses such as damage to property that can occur when dealing with a faulty garage door.
Causes Of Broken Garage Door Springs
Springs are the most important parts of your garage door. Their optimal function is required to properly balance the garage door spreading its weight evenly. It is strongly advised to engage the services of an expert in garage door installation and maintenance. Attempting to do the repairs or installations on your own can result in catastrophic accidents or turn out to be a waste of time and money.