Broken Garage Door Spring Grimsby
We repair broken garage door springs in Grimsby Ontario because it’s one of the main causes for damaged garage doors. Besides the damage and inconvenience caused by broken garage doors, there is also a safety concern. A garage door with faulty springs or broken springs is caused by several factors:
- Wear and tear – garage door springs do wear down over time with use. Depending on how frequently the garage door is used, the springs should last 4-9 years if maintained properly.
- Fluctuating temperatures – Constant change in temperatures can cause a strain in the spring as it expands and contracts. Freezing conditions also cause the springs to become brittle and will more likely break.
- Lack of proper maintenance – Proper lubrication prevents friction that causes wear and tears in garage door springs. Rebalancing is also key to maintain a good balance on your springs and door.
Grimsby Garage Door Springs Repair: Lowest Price & Same Day
When one or both of your springs are broken and need to be repaired, Professional Garage Doors & Openers in Grimsby is usually available the same day. It’s strongly recommended that you only attempt to do the repairs yourself if you have the right tools and know what you are doing. You can always call us with any questions at (647) 887-7477!
How To Repair a Broken Spring For Your Garage Door
- Add a safety cable if initially missing – Extension springs do require safety belts to hold the door in place when the springs are broken. Besides the additional support, they are a safety requirement for doors operated by extension springs.
- Lubrication of spring and parts – Lubrication on springs reduces the tear and wear due to friction. Normally a squeaking sound indicates a lack of proper lubrication if the spring is not broken.
- Adjusting or rebalancing the spring – If your springs are not balanced correctly your garage door will have balance issues. It is recommended to rebalance your springs every two years. If your springs are installed during the cold season, another rebalancing is required to set the springs properly.
- Tightening of loose parts – Loose bolts and nuts can affect the performance of your springs. Tightening them will keep your springs running just fine.
Professional Garage Doors & Openers Guarantees 100% Satisfaction
Repairing garage door springs requires technical knowledge and experience. The repair may turn out to be a complete replacement in cases where the springs are completely broken or have run their lifespan. Involving an expert saves you time and money. On average, you can spend $100-$200 on spring repairs.
Buying replacement springs are an additional cost besides labour. On average the springs cost $25-$30 per piece. Professional garage door experts also perform scheduled maintenance on garage doors and springs. An attempt to DIY the repairs can be a waste of time and resources besides posing potential accidents.
Same Day Repair Services In Grimsby
Continued use of your garage door with a broken spring will further damage your garage door and pose safety concerns for you or your property. In Grimsby, finding a garage door expert to fix or repair your garage doors is fast and easy. They are readily available and affordable too.